Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just a beginning

OK.

After years of reading others blogs and commenting, I've decided to write one of my own.

It will likely be,as most things are in my life, a large experiment of participation-- vice specatator-- effort.

Along the way, in the past few years, I've grown to respect the words of Irving Wladawsky-Berger, Cory Ondrejka and my good friends Ian Hughes and Rita King. Whenever I'm reading their blogs I am compelled to write my own thoughts not always as comments but derivations of thought or even stream of conscious response.

Ultimately, what amazes me most about blogging is the connections. I find myself reading Rita's blog and catching up on Ian or reading Irving's blog and rolling to the next person I've wanted to catch up with but not had time to connect.

I do believe that blogging in this second decade of the network enabled society is very important and that staying connected at a deeper level has become as much art as science. Now we will see if anyone picks up on my blog and more important will I keep up with a blog.

Thanks to those of you who wax eloquent in your blogs. Here's to blogging!

3 comments:

epredator said...

Now I know I am going to enjoy what you are going to be writing :-)
You are right that this lets us keep connected, exposing our thoughts and experiences lets people catch up if they want to.
I know you lots of visionary things to share, and putting them out here will also change how you build on them.

Roo Reynolds said...

Welcome to the world! Great to see you here, and (like Ian) I'll be looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Michael Rowe said...

Wow! I just found out you were blogging. Have added you to my daily read. Looking forward to reading more.