Wednesday, April 23, 2008

NDU Federal Consortium

These are exciting times.

Tomorrow I'm heading a private panel at the NDU Federal Consortium for Virtual Worlds or as we call it in IBM, 3D Internet. It's exciting because I think back to two years ago, having this really robust discussion with Irving Wladawsky-Berger around the future of the 3D Internet. I summarized my thoughts to him, based on my experience as a pilot and the history of the Internet, it was something like this-- It's 3D Internet Irving it will be be big for the government. It is big for governments! It seems governments stand to gain so much in the way of collaboration and "loose coupling" it's time we "connected the dots."

Tomorrow, I will write a post to summarize the panel and the discussion.

The premise for the panel is focused on PEOPLE, which is what I believe is different about 3D Internet. We are afterall, in the second decade of a "network enabled society". I have asked Tammy Johns from Manpower, Rita King and Josh Fouts from Dancing Ink, David Kralik from Americas Solutions and Nick Wilson from Clever Zebra to join me and to share their unique and wonderful experiences in 3D Internet and as Rita would say the early days of the Imagination Age. Dan Pink might argue we are well into the Conceptual Age. He has a new book out...wonder if it's on target with Rita's thoughts...need to read it and review for another blog. Either way it is an extraordinary group for tomorrow's panel. Tomorrow will be fun. It's all about people and each of the panelist GET THAT.........I look forward to writing about the panel and the consortium.

4 comments:

Unlisted said...

Welcome Sandy! We are looking forward to following your blog and being part of your blog-community. We've linked you off of EurekaDejavu.com as a start and will make yours a regular visit.

May the Force be With You Jedi Master 22!

Sandy's blog said...

Here is to a very healthy and successful future/life.

Ian Smith said...

Hi Sandy,

I really enjoyed Garr Reynolds' summary of Dan Pink's new book. It is at http://www.slideshare.net/garr/career-advice-08

I've been pointing all my younger colleagues at it today - it looks as though the book is saying some really important things.

Best of luck with the blogging, Sandy, I look forward to reading more.

All the best, The Other Ian.

IWB said...

Sandy, welcome to the blogging community. It is hard work - but once you get into it, it is very enjoyable. You find yourself looking at topics differently, because you are always looking for interesting things to blog about.

I look forward to reading your postings